360 Assure Lite – Quick Startup Guide
Download and Install 360 Assure Lite:
- Download the 360 Assure Image
- Load the image into either VMWare ESXI 6+ or Virtual Box 5+.
- Sign in as:
- Username: root
- Password: centos01
- NB: We strongly recommend you change this password for your security.
- Create the /var/run/360a directory for the PIDS and assign permissions:
- mkdir /var/run/360a
- chown 360assure:360assure /var/run/360a -R
Getting a Licence:
- Change user to 360assure using:
- Navigate to saCore directory and generate a UniqueID which you will enter onto the website to download the Lite licence:
- cd /opt/360assure_Core_v1.0.1-lite/bin
- ./saCore getuid
- Navigate to the licence directory and copy the contents of the UID.
- cd /opt/360assure_Core_v1.0.1-lite/licence
- more 360SA<uid-file-name>.uid.
- Alternatively, in an editor open the file /opt/360assure_Core_v1.0.1-lite/licence/360SA<uid-file-name>.uid
- Paste the contents of the UID as requested when adding 360 Assure Lite to the basket on the 360 Assure website and complete the checkout process.
- Download the licence file, <uid-file-name>.lic, from ‘Your Products’ within your ‘Account’ page and move to /opt/360assure_Core_v1.0.1-lite/licence directory on your virtual machine.
- In a command window, start 360Assure Core Server by running the command:
- /opt/360assure_Core_v1.0.1-lite/bin/saCore start
- Check that the Server has started using the command
- Start 360Assure Monitoring Point by running the command
- /opt/360assure_MP_v1.0.1-lite/bin/sa-mp start
- Check that the Monitoring Point has started using the command
- ps -ef | grep STMPGenericCollector
- Start Apache Tomcat by running the command
- Check that Apache Tomcat has started using the command
Your system is now ready to use
- Logon to http://<virtual host machine>:8080/360assure_v1.0.1-lite, using:
- username: admin@local
- password: admin
- Using the 360 Assure application displayed in the web browser, create a new user with admin privileges and sign in with these credentials.
- View the sample charts to see 360 Assure running.
- Watch the tutorial ‘Creating Your Dashboard’ to create your first dashboard.
Asynchronous Sample Monitoring
- To start the asynchronous transaction monitor refer to the Installation Guide on how to download and run Log Re-player.
- For security we recommend admin@local user is disabled once you have created your new admin user.